Liposuction for Men
and women too--scroll down for recovery info
Your liposuction for men procedure focuses on those fatty areas you
wish to smooth, flatten or diminish, and that haven't responded to
exercise and diet.
You already have a good idea of the areas you'd like lipo surgery
on, but you may not be aware that lipo surgery for men can include
areas like the neck and chin, abdomen, thighs, love handles and any other area your cosmetic surgeon finds suitable!
Be aware that you will likely have substantial bruising and
swelling in any area that liposuction for men is done. Deep body
sculpting under general anesthesia causes the most
swelling after liposuction.
Laser liposuction, also called Tumescent liposuction,
is a "lighter" lipo surgery procedure, but may not be sufficient to get the result you are after.
Expect to have drainage tubes after liposuction. These tubes help suction out fluids and decrease swelling after your plastic surgery liposuction.
TIP #1: For men, the fat removed by lipo surgery
can be repositioned in other areas, with a fat transfer. For instance,
using your own lipo surgery fat to build up a flat bottom is a new and
effective plastic surgery for men.
Using your own fat (called fat grafting or autologous fat
transplantation) for this type of plastic surgery liposuction is fairly
new, so find the
best liposuction doctors who have experience with fat transfers
. Of course, adding this extra procedure will increase your
average liposuction costs
Call several different plastic surgery clinics and interview the liposuction surgeon or his Patient Care Coordinator.
A list of questions to ask about cosmetic liposuction is below.
Insider liposuction information:
and liposuction recovery tips
- The most common liposuction for men is stomach liposuction. You might want to be aware that there is an
alternative to liposuction procedures.
- Pain medication for pain management after liposuction procedures is
commonly prescribed. Your liposuction surgeon will give you a
prescription to fill before your liposuction surgery. It will help ease
you through your liposuction recovery
- Pressure dressings are given to you for two reasons: To hold your
new liposculpture body form in place and to help your skin to adhere
again to the tissues underneath.
- Liposuction recovery: Certain nutritional supplements and a
healing method called NMT may help support your body in healing its self
after liposuction surgery.
- The FDA has given their stamp of approval to a supplement called Arnica Montana. It's been used for decades to treat trauma. I use Arnica Montana, 30C, whenever I hurt myself, and
before and after surgery
- One of my Doctors suggested I use Bromelain--swelling after
liposuction can be extreme, and apparently the Bromelain helps digest
away tissue debris. He said take 3 capsules, three times a day on an
empty stomach, two days before surgery and for 10 days after surgery. I
tried it after surgery, and it worked!
- Research has shown that Centella asiatica 250 mg, a
nutritional supplement, helps lessen healing time and makes healed
tissues stronger. I took 2 capsules twice a day. Ask your doctor there
is any reason why you couldn't take Centella asiatica for your
- Touch-ups for bumpy areas can usually be done in the office, using a
local anesthesia, or injections to stop the pain. General anesthesia
is usually not required when doing touch-up liposuction for men.
- Though rare, a complication of liposuction for men, or women may
include permanent ripples in the skin and in the fat underneath the
Questions to ask your liposuction doctors regarding Cosmetic Liposuction for men
- How long will it take for the swelling and bruising to go down?
- Will I need pain medication? If so, how long should I take it?
- How long will I need to wear the pressure dressing?
- Are there any supplements I can take to help decrease swelling and bruising?
- What can be done if my liposuction leaves dents or bumps in my body?
- Will it cause any permanent tissue damage to have the same area liposuctioned again, if I need it?
- Is is ok to take Bromelain, Arnica Montana, and Centella Asiatica before and after cosmetic surgery?
TIP #2: You may take longer to heal from your
plastic surgery liposuction than other men, depending on what you're
having your liposuction for. Some parts of your body have thicker,
heavier, denser fat. It takes some muscle for liposuction doctors to
loosen and remove that type of fat. Where there's more tissue trauma,
it takes a little longer to heal.
You may want information regarding
. It helps to decrease surgery anxiety when have as much liposuction information as possible.
You may take from a few weeks up to three full months for the swelling to go down after liposculpture. Your liposuction result depends on the area of male liposuction and how dense the fat is.
So, as a liposuction surgery patient, you will heal at a
different rate than anyone else. If you take a long time to heal when
you bruise yourself compared to other people, you will likely take
longer to heal from your plastic surgery liposuction.
You will want to do some
preparation for surgery
to make sure you avoid liposuction complications and surgery risks in
general. Several people have reported that they have healed faster
after surgery by using NMT. Perhaps you will heal faster after
liposuction by using NeuroModulation Technique as well.
It's worked for me. In fact, several people including doctors
were astonished at how rapidly I healed. I had very minimal bruising and
Links coming soon:
Return from Liposuction for Men to Cosmetic Surgery Home