1. Information Collection and Use by Your Surgery.
a. The Owner collects information from Members, such as name, email address, and date of birth, to authenticate Members and to send notifications to those members relating to the Services. The Owner also collects other personal information from Members including but not limited to: personal interests, gender, education, and occupation in order to assist Members in finding and communicating with each other.
b. The Owner collects non-personally-identifiable information from Users, including Internet protocol address, profile information, aggregate user data, and browser type. This information is used to manage the Your Surgery Website, track usage, and improve the Services. This non-personally-identifiable information may be shared with third-parties to provide more relevant services and advertisements to Users. Internet protocol addresses are recorded for security and monitoring purposes.
c. Member profile information, which may include Members' pictures and first names, are displayed to Users in order to facilitate Member interaction in the Your Surgery social networking community. Email addresses are used for the purposes of inviting new friends to join the Your Surgery Website, to add users to Members' counterparts' networks, and to send notifications related to the Services. With the exception of inviting friends, adding friends, and notifications, a Member's email address is not shared or displayed. Members' full names are never directly revealed to other Members.
d. The Owner reserves the right to use a Member's email address to send updates, a newsletter or news regarding the service. Members may choose not to receive email of this type by changing their "notification" setting to "Do not send me notification emails" in the user "Account Settings".
2. Correcting/Updating or Removing Information. Members may modify or remove any of their personal information at any time by logging into their account and accessing features such as Edit Profile and Account Info.
3. Chat Rooms/Journals and WebLogs/Message Boards and Public Forums. Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily post public information to journals, weblogs, or message boards, or any other public forums, that the information you provide can be accessed by the public and can be used by those people to send you unsolicited communications.
4. Email Choice/Opt-out. Members who no longer wish to receive updates or notifications may choose not to by selecting "Do not send me notification emails" in the user profile "Account Settings". Users who do not wish to receive Your Surgery newsletters may choose not to by selecting "Do not send me Your Surgery newsletters" in the user profile "Account Settings". All notification emails and Your Surgery newsletters also include the above instructions for opting-out of those communications in the future.
c. You may be able to configure your browser to accept or reject all or some cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. You must enable cookies from Your Surgery in order to use most functions on the Your Surgery Website.
d. A web beacon is a transparent image file used to monitor your journey around a single website or collection of sites. They are also referred to as web bugs and are commonly used by sites that hire third-party services to monitor traffic. They may be used in association with cookies to understand how visitors interact with the pages and content on the pages of a web site.
Browsers can be set to accept or reject cookies or notify you when a cookie is being sent. Privacy software can be used to override web beacons. Taking either of these actions shouldn't cause a problem with our site, should you so choose.
7. Security. Member accounts are secured by Member-created passwords. The Owner takes precautions to ensure that Member account information is kept private. The Owner uses reasonable measures to protect Member information that is stored within its database and the Owner restricts access to Member information to those employees who need access to perform their job functions, such as its customer service personnel and technical staff. Please note that the Owner cannot guarantee the security of Member account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of Member information at any time. For any additional information about our security measures, please contact using the "Contact Us" form.